GENTRAN UPGRADE PATH
Because IBM has announced a sunset of their Gentran EDI product, it begs the question as to what path options are available for a Gentran upgrade? The answer is: there many options as you look to Gentran upgrade paths which include some top tier and powerful EDI platforms. Enterprises, manufacturers and other growing organizations work with a wide variety of business partners around the world to meet the needs of their customers and there have been thousands of upgrades already. Once the process of the Gentran upgrade is finished, B2B processes and the high volume of B2B transactions will be optimized for efficiency and scale.
Many EDI solutions by provide secure, reliable integration of all B2B processes and integrations through a single gateway. As a result, organizations become better organized, more efficient, and their scalable B2B relationships are improved.
These enterprise EDI solutions connect your ECommerce to your other B2B integrations – simplifying supply chain operations, securing communication networks, automating Ecommerce tasks and improving scalability. The Gentran upgrade processes place organizations into a best of breed application that ensures Ecommerce processes run efficient and your EDI trading partner relationships are healthy and growing.
Enterprise level EDI software applications:
Sterling Integrator, OpenText BizManager, TIE Kinetix SmartBridge, ECS Delta / Liasion, WebMethods and more.
Some Enterprise level EDI features:
- Business Process Management – All enterprise products approach to integration centers around business process management. A business process is a goal-driven, ordered flow of activities that accomplishes a business objective.
- Core Transaction Engine – The Engine orchestrates all processes including your message exchange, routing, translation, and other important business processes.
- Business Process Visibility – During the execution of a business process, at every step, these platforms maintainsthe status of the process and the current version of the business data associated with the process step.
- Process Automation – Do your employees have to re-enter data from one system or process into another? All EDI platforms will help you streamline and automate routine tasks, thereby eliminating redundant manual data entry and the inevitable costly errors it introduces to your business processes. The platform architecture is intended to run identified processes in a scheduled, automated fashion. Workflows can be set up to run in unattended mode and in the background which lessens manual tasks, decreases errors and reduces time that your EDI Admin has to monitor production data flow.
- Intelligent On boarding– Uses partner self-provisioning to simplify trading partner on boarding process. With built-in templates to standardize the on boarding process, and the ability to create customized and reusable business processes, the platforms can help you connect with partners and automate business processes with them more quickly, regardless of partner size, importance or type. These solutions will also significantly reduce the burden on your staff by automating much of the on boarding process.
- Web Extensions – you can create and customize pages that users can access over the Internet to interact with data. The browser-based technology works hand-in-hand with other components.
- Flexible support for B2B data formats and protocols– All platforms support multi-gigabyte file handling, policy-based file transfer, web services (SOAP), HTTP, HTTPS, S/FTP/S client and server, AS1, AS2, AS3, SMTP, RosettaNet, Zengin TCP/IP, WebDAV, and IBM Sterling Connect:Direct.
- Any-to-any data mapping/translation– Includes a multi-purpose data transformation engine and graphical data mapping tool to support all common EDI standards, XML standards, and Internet standards for B2B data transactions.
- Document automation processing– Creates end-to-end process automation through document conversion, routing, delivery, exception handling, and business rule validation.
- Over 300 adapters– Most applications include adapters for enterprise solutions, such as all IBM solutions, Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft, GXS, Siebel, JD Edwards, Manugistics; adapters for EAI messaging, such as Oracle AQ, TIBCO Rendezvous, BEA Tuxedo, and IBM WebSphere MQ; other adapters for CORBA, JDBC, and instant messaging platforms.
- First-class security – Leverages encryption, advanced authentication, digital certificates, role-based data access, and security for data transport.
- End-to-end visibility– Provides business process tracking to identify and solve issues in real-time before they become severe problems.
- Reporting dashboard – Monitors important KPIs and provides various overviews of business documents.
- Mobile tools– Provides tracking and management of business processes, monitoring of system performance, and allows administrators to start and stop key functions.
There are many powerful, flexible platforms designed to accommodate enterprises with complex B2B processes and communication systems. Large and/or growing businesses that need more control and better visibility of their supply and demand chains will find that an enterprise level EDI solution is the answer to their problems.
Once your business reaches the point where your B2B applications are too fragmented, some processes are too manual oriented and scaling your operations seems impossible, or if you have Gentran and need to upgrade, Data Integration Specialists provides a smooth migration process. The company can help customers who start with a smaller platform and desire an enterprise platform that simplifies supply chain operations, secures communication networks, automates Ecommerce tasks and improves business scalability.
Call or email us today for a no cost review and proposal.