- Collection of all existing maps
- Consult the ERP Oracle subject matter expert or Implementation Partner in order to define and capture ERP definition files for EDI mapping service.
- Construct new map matrices which will define EDI requirements and then match them with the new layout of EDI.
- Go through unit test for all maps
- Connecting trading partner workflow to map flows
- Go through the basic setup of maps
- Get in touch with all the trading partners to communicate testing plans
- Test, place in production
- Finally, follow up support of all maps and EDI data flows.
What are the advantages of Oracle EDI mapping?
Integration and automation are critical to eliminating manual processes. When you eliminate manual processes, errors and exceptions go away. One of the main processes involved in the Oracle EDI mapping is the creation of a file which is then used to convert one form of data into another form. This map can be generated with the help of special applications which are specially designed to get the process done. With the help of Oracle EDI mapping, any business can capitalize on all the investments that have been put in constructing the EDI infrastructure. Along with this, the EDI mapping also makes sure that the EDI data is automatically sent to different systems like Oracle or other ERP applications. In addition to this, the EDI mapping can also be used to build XML like formats which can be used by business partners, while keeping the investment on the infrastructure.
The first and the most original form of EDI mapping involved the use of tailored, home grown in-house software that built a link between EDI and in-house ERP or accounting system. But this highly expensive and complicated process became the major reason for the development of EDI mapping software which proved to be economical and easy.
How to choose the best EDI mapping service?
If you want the best EDI mapping service then all you have to do is to just search for EDI mapping service on a search engine and you will get a long list of websites offering this service. You should never forget to check the reviews and rating of these websites in order to choose the best. Data Integration Specialists has its own Oracle Integration Group and can be reached by visiting their website at www.dis-llc.com or calling 612-840-6753.